Friday, June 13, 2014

Off to Kaffrine

Hi everyone,
Looks like it will be another weekend spent traveling for me. This weekend we are headed to Kaffrine, which is another agricultural area in Senegal. The climate services workshop has been run there before with much success...you can check out a video link detailing the previous work here: http://ccafs.cgiar.org/regions/west-africa (go to the bottom right of the webpage and click on the video), which we will be largely continuing this weekend with a (mostly) new group of farmers.

Before we leave though, I was able to have a nice lunch with a woman I met who, get this, is from South Windsor! What a small world! We had crepes at a very nice beachfront restaurant and chatted for a bit. The view was gorgeous! I am hoping to stop back at this place again when I have a bit more time, and of course, check out the beach for a while. I'll write again when we are back from the trip, have a good weekend!

-Catherine
Restaurant on the beach in Almadies; You can see the African Renaissance Monument and a lighthouse on the distant left and right hills, respectively. 

1 comment: